How to go in Belarus »
Medical Insurance Coverage for Foreign Citizens Travelling to Belarus
Effective October 1, 2000, medical insurance coverage is required for all foreign citizens travelling to the Republic of Belarus.
To be eligible for emergency medical care in the Republic of Belarus, all foreign citizens must have a medical insurance contract with a Belarusian insurance company or with an authorized foreign insurance company and must possess an insurance policy issued by the company.
The insurance policy issued by the foreign insurance company should be valid in the territory of the Republic of Belarus for the duration of stay and should cover liabilities established by Law of the Republic of Belarus. The minimum liability coverage is $5,000.
The representatives of Belarusian insurance companies will provide foreign citizens with necessary insurance contracts and certificates at the border of the Republic of Belarus.
Citizens of the Republic of Belarus and corporate entities registered in the Republic of Belarus inviting foreign citizens to visit the Republic of Belarus may complete the medical insurance contract for their invitees.
Medical insurance coverage is not required for:
- Holders of Belarusian transit visas travelling to other countries via Belarus.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports.
- Heads of foreign States and Governments, members of the parliamentary, governmental and Official delegations invited by the governing bodies of the Republic of Belarus.
- Heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions.
- Staff of international organizations based in the Republic of Belarus.
- International air and train crews.
- Foreign air force and other military personnel arriving to take part in joint military exercises.
- Persons with representative powers at the border of the Republic of Belarus.
- Citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States (C.I.S.).
- Holders of the laissez-passer issued by the United Nations.
- Holders of travel documents (“Titres de Voyage”) issued to stateless persons and refugees.
Insurance Rates for Foreign Citizens
Travelling to the Republic of Belarus
The representative of Belarusian insurance companies is situated in the airport Minsk - 2 in the arrival hall near to the Consular Department. Here also you can issue your insurance.